A new NSP program called Outdoor Risk Management (ORM) is currently being developed.
- Program Goal: to create a program that introduces patrollers to risk management concepts that pertain to ski and bike areas.
- Platform: online
- General Concepts
- Ethic, Legal, Regulatory
- NSAA/NSP Joint Statement of Understanding
- Standards and Regulations
- US Forest Service
- Generally Accepted Industry Practices and Principles
- Internal Operating Plans
- Compliance and Consistency
- Personal Risk Management
- Safety Education Programs
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Snowmobile / Other Vehicle Operations
- Other Departments
- Incident Investigation
- Signage and Fencing
- Each Module Includes:
- Key Terms
- Scenario / Real World Applications
Committee: About 15 Representatives from across the country who are well versed in risk management are working on the project.
Western Region Patroller Input:
If you have content, pictures, video, or diagrams that you would like to share with the committee, contact: