— Grandma's Marathon Volunteers Needed
The 45th Annual Grandma’s Marathon is looking for medical volunteers for race weekend 2021! Ski Patrol is specifically needed at the finish line and along the course as bike patrollers. Grandma’s Marathon 2021 is Saturday June 19th. Those interested in Volunteering can sign up online at https://raceroster.com/events/2021/40196/volunteer-registration-2021 under the Medical Volunteer Registration Option. If you have questions please reach out to Alivia Nelson at Grandma’s Marathon at 218-727-0947 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
— Mid-season Western Region COVID Survey Update
Read the latest update from our Region Medical Advisor HERE .
— YAP Article in local newspaper
Wild Mountain and the YAP program appearing in a regional newspaper. Read the arcticle HERE .
- *** COVID19 - How You Can Help ***
Click Here to learn more on how you, as a patroller, can help.
— Western Region Meeting - July 17-18, 2021 at Giant's Ridge!
Hold this date and start planning to attend the Western Region Meeting on Saturday July 17th. For more information and details, please read our blog HERE. The blog will be updated as more info becomes available, so please check back often!
- — Western Region Update You can read the latest Western update from our Region Director HERE The article will appear again in the next Rusty Parka News from Central Division.
- — SENIOR CANDIDATES See the Latest Updates section on our Senior Programs web page HERE for information on this year's Remote Training opportunities.
- — Patrol Recruitment Posters
Ken Rose, a 50+ year NSP veteran from NSP Central-Ohio and a current Alumni, has created a series of 21 posters for NSP recruitment. Ken is allowing our Western Region patrols to use his posters as templates for creating your own patrol recruitment posters. The art is in an editable Powerpoint document that you can modify to suit your patrol. To get the Powerpoint file, please contact Jeff Olsen, Western Region Director at this Email
- — Always read more news on our blog HERE!
- — Check our Events Calendar regularly for added events.